Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How I get Angie (my old horse)

I think it was novenber 10th 2005 when I was at my grandparents house with my mom and my brothers. I woke up on the last day we were staying there and my grandfather asked if I wanted to go look at horses, and I said yes. So me, my mom, my grandfather, and my uncle loaded up and left. Well we went to one place and she did not have any horses for sale, but she told us of a place where that had and older Thoroughbred mare for sale and gave us the number, so we called and set up a time to go see her. While we were waiting for the time to go by, we went to look at another horse, but the owners were not home so we left. About an hour later we headed over to see the Thoroughbred mare. When we got there they got her out and the girl who owned her hopped on her (bareback with a halter). She was 200-300 pounds under weight! And she was not the prettiest horse in the world, just I had to save her! So I rode her (bareback with a halter). I liked her (and had to save her)......so we get her, and paied $600.00 for her and a little western saddle. She was really mine. I cried. Not because I was sad, but because she was mine. I really had my own horse. I had wanted one for a long time, and I finally had one.
I did not get her because she was the best riding horse, or because she was the prettiest horse, but because I had to save her.

Angie's Best 17yr (in 05. she will be 20 this yr)
Thoroughbred mare 16.1 hh

I gave Angie away January 22nd 2008. (my b-day)

2 comments:

beth said...

Why did you have to give her away?

Ivey said...

I could not ride her and I wanted to have a horse that I could ride. And she was just too much horse for me.